Friday, May 20, 2011

Shibori - the surface of textile feature "凸凹"


For a while, I have had a heaps of experiment about glue for making the "Practically strong" vintage kimono bags. PVA, PVG, Spray, Fabric glue, industrial wooden work glue, Super strong.......

However, I started to miss the "real textile" which means ..

The glue makes textile strong, but kill the textile softness.

Especially, most kimono is silk, so the sense of touch is very big feature of textile.

The following two are made of Shibori and off-cut leather.

The first one has lost the textile feature 凸凹bubble of SHIBORI. The reason is:
I used a glue between SHIBORI textile and interface(thick scrap textile), so the shibori turned to a thick fabric and no more silky bubble creature. However the bag become strong.

The second one is available to feel the original od shibori surface feature.



When we stuck with something, nature power is working for us! Yesterday I went the Mt Coo-tha Botanic garden for the workshop meeting with Dr. Virginia Jones, a ceramic artist and Yoko Murakami, a painter.

The pictures were taken by me. My feeling was "an ANT"!
I wish I was an ant, because the ants can see the diffrent view of our world!


No comments: